You may hear the phrase, "Follow your heart" but I teach my kids to LEAD their hearts. I want my kids to be confident in their intrinsic value. I want them to know how to get control of their thoughts and emotions. I want them to identify their life principles. I want them to know their self-worth is not dependent on someone wanting to date them.
Abby (my 6th child and college freshman) and I, Val Harrison, The Practically Speaking MOM, recorded this three week series that continues the conversation about Self-worth & Identity, Relationships & Choices, about Guarding and Guiding your Heart. When our kids reach the teen years or a little before, we like to start having them read some books on this relationship topics. Abby read fifteen books and this three week conversation is about her top three book choices, what she learned from them, and in the process of giving the reviews Abby and I talk about many important issues. Join Val & Abby for episodes 156-158 as we continue with the ongoing occasional theme of self-worth and guiding your heart.
Teen and Older Book Recommendations:
1. Lady in Waiting: Becoming God's Best While Waiting for Mr. Right (there are several books in this series for different ages of girls)
2. Girl Defined: God's Radical Design for Beauty, Femininity, and Identity (this author has another book that Abby is reading right now that she is also really enjoying called "Sex,Purity, and the Longings of a Girl's Heart).
3. Quest for Love: True Stories of Passion and Purity by Elizabeth Elliot
Younger Book Recommendations
1. Pinocchio's Quest by Robert Rogland
2. The Princess and the Kiss for Girls and The Squire and the Scroll for Boys
Check out TrueGirl.com
Check out our
Visit Val's website: PracticallySpeakingMOM.com
Join Val's Facebook Group Intentional Mom, Strong Family
Follow Val on Instagram and her Facebook Public Page Practically Speaking MOM
To give a set amount each month click here. A few dollars a month would help so much!
Here's some other ways to give:
Cash App: $valPSM
Donate with a credit card HERE
All donations will be used for the ministry. Gifts are not tax deductible.
THANK YOU for partnering in this ministry to strengthen families and encourage intentional moms.
"May the Words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, oh Lord...